Review for Dare by S.M. Shade




Title: Dare, In Safe Hands: Book Two
Author: S.M. Shade
Genre: New Adult Contemporary


Ayda
I hear him.
His deep voice and rumbling laugh. The bang of the headboard slamming the wall and fake screams from yet another woman. Derek is a pile of muscle and ink, a bad boy fantasy only a few layers of wood and plaster away. It’s all I expect or want him to be.
Until that irresistible voice begins talking to me.

Dare
I hear her.
The clicking of her fingers on a keyboard, her music or TV playing in the background. Her musical laugh and soft cries of pleasure, accompanied by a low, steady buzz. Ayda is a good girl who keeps to herself, and I have no business pursuing her, but I’m not a man known for doing the right thing.
I’m an ex-con. I’m a criminal.
And I want her.

This is book two in the In Safe Hands Series and can be read as a standalone.


Buy Links

Kim's Review

S.M. Shade's "Dare" is the second tale in the In Safe Hands series. Derek aka Dare is told something by his 18 yr old sister and leaves her at his apartment to take care of what she just confessed. He's arrested and put in jail for assault, he's fine with it since he paralyzed the man and he knows that he won't be able to do that to another child again. Ayda works from home and keeps weird hours. She dances in private after a horrible accident changed her life forever. The one thing she doesn't like is how thin the walls are. She can hear the multiple women moaning with the man next door. One night they talk through the wall and things change. She's leery of people looking at her differently because of her scars. Can one sexy, tattoed, ex-con change everything? Find out in this awesome read!!!

5 out of 5 stars


**********************************



Zoe 
I’m not interested. I’m not interested in his blue-green ocean colored eyes, his lean muscular body, or that crooked smile that can be so infuriating. I have more important things to worry about, like how to keep myself in college and my sixteen year old brother fed and sheltered. We all know life is hard, some of us just learn that lesson younger than others, but that doesn’t mean I’ll give up. I intend to succeed and make sure my brother has the opportunities he deserves, and no privileged jerk is going to distract me. 

Landon 
I don’t date. Don’t get me wrong, I’m far from celibate, but my condition makes carrying on any kind of normal relationship impossible. My life revolves around In Safe Hands or ISH, the underground hacker group I work with to track down and take care of predators and sex offenders who beat the system. I’m satisfied with my life until the day I meet the smart mouthed, compassionate, determined woman who opens my eyes to possibilities I never thought existed. 

This is book one in a series of standalone novels.


Kim's Review of #1:

S.M. Shade's "Landon" is the first tale in the In Safe Hands series. Zoe Page is out on the town with her best friend Frannie, They end up at the club and are hanging out drinking and having fun. Frannie is out to have a good time and find a man for the night, where Zoe is just out to have fun and go home to her teenage brother. Zoe ends up dancing with the friend of the man Frannie picks up and there is extreme chemistry, but he's arrogant and that turns Zoe off so she leaves him behind and goes home. She ends up answering an ad for a housekeeper and finds a surprise when she gets there, Landon. Follow as Zoe and Landon get to know each other and figure out how to co-exist with their jobs and blossoming friendship. This is a MUST READ!!!

5 out of 5 stars


**********************************
From the Author

I'm a homeschooling mom hopelessly addicted to Dr. Pepper, love stories, sunshine, and men with full sexy lips, though not necessarily in that order. A voracious reader since I sounded out my first word, I started writing as a teenager and rediscovered my love of writing as an adult. Originally from Indianapolis, I now live in a small Kentucky town with my teenage son.

I love to hear from readers so please feel free to contact me or connect with me on Facebook or Twitter.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reviews for The Bellator Saga: The First Trilogy by Cecilia London

6 Days Until Rhapsody by Cecilia London

Promo for The Hellions Ride Series by Chelsea Camaron