Reviews for His Pretend Girl & His Reboot Girl (Emerald City Novellas) by Sofia Grey



HIS PRETEND GIRL

Dorothy's life is too complicated for things like commitment and long term relationships. But if she were to hook up with someone, it would be Matthew Bradley… The gorgeous guy from Sales with the heart-melting smile, and smooth-as-chocolate voice. The problem is, he’s too busy noticing every other woman in the office to give Dorothy the time of day. 

Enter Ben. He’s friendly, as a fellow programmer he gets her, and Dorothy has to admit he looks pretty sexy in a tux. He offers his services as her fake boyfriend for the company Christmas party, strictly to make Matthew jealous of course, and Dorothy jumps at the chance. 

When it turns out Ben wants more than a pretend girlfriend, Dorothy has to decide if she’s holding out for the implausible when someone impossibly wonderful is already by her side.


Excerpt:

Disappointment hung heavy on my shoulders, and I picked half heartedly at the plate of nibbles Ben placed before me, preferring to sip the fresh glass of wine instead. Where was he?  I thought back to the brief water cooler conversation we’d shared last week. I’d asked if he was going to the end of year party, and he’d replied he wouldn’t miss it for the world. Well he was missing it, and it felt like the end of the world to me. All this effort. The dress and shoes. The hours in the hair salon. All for nothing. 
I pushed a breaded mushroom around my plate, and watched the crumbs fall away to expose the soft underbelly of the filling. “He’s not coming, is he?” I lifted my gaze to Ben, not expecting him to reply. Not expecting anything more than a non-committal shrug. 
“No, he’s not.” Ben placed his fork on the side of the plate and folded his arms.
I felt a flicker of dismay and something darker. I took a slug of wine as I sifted through my words, my brain on a go-slow after so much alcohol on an empty stomach. “How can you be so sure?” He’s just late.
“I asked him to stay away.”

My Review

Sofia Grey's "His Pretend Girl" is an Emerald City novella. I loved it! The good guy wins and he is amazing! I thought the story was sweet and sexy. Ben's the guy you're always rooting for! Again, I like the Emerald City future concept. Love that she's Dorothy in the Emerald City! I can't get enough of Sofia Grey! More, more, more! 

4.5 out of 5 stars


*************************************************

HIS REBOOT GIRL

Scott wakes up with his head spinning, and not much else going on in his brain. He’d love to take the time to stop and figure out who he is and what he’s doing in a hospital bed, but apparently he’s the key suspect in a terrorist bombing. 

The woman by his side insists she has the answers to his past, but the more he uncovers about her motives, the less he trusts her. Especially when one of her hostages triggers fond memories for Scott. If he can’t discover the truth on his own, his life won’t be the only one on the line.


Excerpt:

The face that stared back from the mirror was a mess. My collar length hair was matted and dirty, and bruises raked my face, along with more fine cuts and scratches. Another memory seeped in. My nickname had always been ‘Scarecrow,’ and now I looked like one—straw for hair, and a head full of stuffing.
A long, raw scrape ran from my right temple down to the top of my jaw. I touched it, curious as to why it didn’t hurt. It stung under my probing fingertips, and I realized why. The hospital had to have pumped me full of painkillers or sedatives, or something to dampen my neural responses. 
My knees shook, and I sank onto the floor, my back to the wall. Fears crowded in, as though I’d given them permission to emerge. This wasn’t my life. It couldn’t be. A bomb on the Mag-Line? The breath jammed in my chest at the thought. What the fuck did I know about bombs? 
Black spots danced in my vision, and I forced myself to breathe. In, and out. Slow and steady. 
I had to start with facts. What did I know, as opposed to what I thought I knew? 

My Review

Sofia Grey's "His Reboot Girl" is an Emerald City novella. Has the feel of "The Long Kiss Goodnight" and "Paycheck." Like a more intimate Philip K. Dick story. Again, I like the Emerald City future concept. This one has a different feeling than the other two Emerald city novellas I've read. Each one is a little cornucopia of different treasures! 

4 out of 5 stars




*************************************************

Romance author Sofia Grey spends her days managing projects in the corporate world and her nights hanging out with wolf shifters and alpha males. She devours pretty much anything in the fiction line, but she prefers her romances to be hot, and her heroes to have hidden depths. When writing, she enjoys peeling back the layers to expose her characters’ flaws and always makes them work hard for their happy endings.

Music is interwoven so tightly into my writing that I can’t untangle the two. Either I’m listening to a playlist on my iPod, have music seeping from my laptop speakers, or there’s a song playing in my head – sometimes on auto-repeat.

Check out my image collections on Pinterest and my music playlists on Spotify.

www.SofiaGrey.com

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6906923.Sofia_Grey

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Sofia.Grey.Romance.Author

Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/sofiagrey1/

Twitter: @SofiaGreyAuthor   https://twitter.com/SofiaGreyAuthor  

Amazon author profile page: https://www.amazon.com/author/sofiagrey


*************************************************

Also in the Emerald City Universe:


His Conspiracy Girl
(An Emerald City Novella)

Buy His Conspiracy Girl on Amazon.com

Blurb
Ten years ago, a horrific Mag-Line accident stole Camden’s limbs, his family, and his faith in people. Technology replaced his missing parts with synthetic ones, but it can’t bring back his sister and niece. If he can’t have the life he lost, he’ll settle for justice, by exposing CyGes, the company who built the faulty train that caused the accident, as the corrupt corporation they are.

When Morgana meets a sexy guy with synthetic vibrating fingers, she just wants a hook-up for the night. She doesn’t expect him to be the primary subject of the documentary she’s in town to shoot—a look at why CyGes is a world leader in technology. Even worse, he seems hell-bent on taking down her employer, and dragging her along for the ride.

Just in case you missed it, here's my review of "HCG":

Allyson Lindt's "His Conspiracy Girl" is an Emerald City novella, but you can read it as a standalone, I did! It's a quick read - a bit of sexalicious candy! I love the scenarios suggested in this future world. It seems like a plausible future and yet it's really interesting and fun. The chemistry between Ana and Camden is absolutely tangible and the sexy scenes are yummy. I definitely want to read more Emerald City novellas and I'm reading everything I can get my hands on more from Allyson Lindt! 

4.5 out of 5 stars


Excerpt

His jaw tightened, and he dropped his arm. “Never mind. I need to get home.”

Single, emotionally attached to someone else, and oh so alluring. Perfect. She grabbed his synth hand before she could talk herself out of it. She knew CyGes did an amazing job with their implants, but it still occasionally caught her off guard that a fake hand felt as real as any real one, from texture to temperature. It was in the little details—speed, precision, stamina—that the differences shone through. 

“Do you have to, really?” She cringed at the plea in her voice, and pushed as much of it away as she could. “I’m sorry if I dragged up bad memories.”

He didn’t pull away, but he also didn’t move closer. “Don’t worry about it.”

“I’m not looking for anything emotional either.” Did people usually talk about one night stands like this? How awkward. Why couldn’t they just do it then go their separate ways? She traced her thumb over the back of his knuckles. “We can go back to my hotel. Or just hang here and talk a little longer.”

Wow, talk about desperate sounding. She fumbled internally for the confidence that had driven her to start this entire conversation.

He shook his head. “I’m sorry. This was a bad idea.”

Pride kept her going as much as want. She pulled his hand up and laid tiny kisses along each fingertip. The faint scent of silicone greeted her again, and she tried to be subtle about inhaling. “I didn’t mean to ruin the mood. We can get it back.”

 “Probably not wise.” Despite his words, the determination was gone from his voice. His shoulders relaxed, and his expression softened.

She pressed her body as close to his as she could be without making contact. She flicked her tongue out over one of his fingers, and a low growl rumbled from his chest. That was a delicious sound. She sucked the finger into her mouth. A hint of plastic mingled with the taste of skin. Damn, she loved that taste. She closed her eyes, savoring the moment.

Her eyes snapped open, when he jerked his hand away. She was stunned to find him glaring at her, eyes practically a glacier. She frowned. “Did I do something wrong?”

He put more than a foot between them. “You knew.”

She raised her eyebrows. What was she missing? “Knew…?”

He sighed and shook his head, jamming his hands into his pockets. “You knew I’m part synth.”
She shrugged. “So?”

“Fuck.” He spoke between clenched teeth. “I’m not a fucking human vibrator. And I’m not interested in being your fetish.”


Find Allyson Lindt Online

About Allyson Lindt
Allyson Lindt is a full-time geek and a fuller-time contemporary romance author. She prefers that her geeky heroes come with the alpha expansion pack and adores a heroine who can hold her own in a boardroom. She loves a sexy happily-ever-after and helping deserving cubicle dwellers find their futures together.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reviews for The Bellator Saga: The First Trilogy by Cecilia London

6 Days Until Rhapsody by Cecilia London

Promo for The Hellions Ride Series by Chelsea Camaron